2017-03-13

I'm Writing A Book! Title Reveal, My First Chapter, And Camp NaNoWriMo!!!!!!!

      

     




     Yep. You read the title right, I have started a book!!!!!!!!!!! *Squeals* Yes guys, this is happening. I finally gritted my teeth, plopped down in front of my laptop, and forced my brain to weave something-anything! And now I am on chapter 2 of my first draft! Now, of course I may give up on this story soon, but as of now it feels like a keeper. It felt so nice to just write again, I always forget how pleasant the effortless flow of first drafts feel. When I stopped writing, I just stared at my screen smiling like a madman, who just thought of an evil plot. Or Peter Parker around his crush...either way.

For all you Spider Man fans who are freaking out because this is isn't the original Spider Man, chill! This actor is cuter, okay? Like wayyyyyy cuter!!


     Yes, my story still has it's share of plot holes, and yes, I still haven't figured out how to work the science or magic of it into my story, but this is my first draft! So not understanding stuff is something I'll get back to in draft #2.




     Okay, now for the title… I am not for sure for sure on if I'm going to keep this title the same or change it, but here it is:



       The Freezing. Maybe a bit cliché sounding, but I think it works.

Gotta love collages... ;)

      I'm giving y'all the first chapter, but be warned; it hasn't really been edited so mistakes galore! And I'm also known for changing my first chapters drastically, so chances are that the final outcome will be wayyy different!! But anyways, here:



     This has been fun to write so far, and I am also testing a slightly different style of writing. Instead of writing in past tense like I did in Chloe's memory, I am writing in present tense, which is something I've never done before! Risky, I know!! But recently, I've read so many books written that way and I thought it was so cool, because it felt like I was right there in the story itself, so I've been dying to try it out.


        And now that I have a story, I have decided to enter into the Camp NaNoWriMo!

No, Camp NaNoWriMo doesn't actually take place in a camp, but I thought this was cool.



      For those of y'all that don't know, NaNoWrimo is a writing program where you have a goal set for a certain word count and you try to reach said word count. But since NaNoWrimo takes place in November and I have school I need to focus on, I've haven't been able to participate! School's just hard, especially when you're a teen in high school or in high school classes! And if you're a teen at high school level school and you did NaNoWrimo, amazing! More power to ya!! But I just know I couldn't. So when friends started telling me about Camp NaNoWrimo that took place in April, I was SO jazzed! So yep. I'm doing it! And you should totally do it too...just sayin', bruh! My word goal: 50K, andddd I'm not sure if I can make it…

1. It's one month, and that’s super short.

2. I've never written that high before, my highest was 47K, which is really close, but still.

3. I don't do well under pressure, when I feel pressured I just can't… So this is going to be a very interesting month, seeing how I do!


      That's all folks! And if you read all of that and didn't skim any of it, WHOA. Props to you, my friend! *claps*

      Are you doing Camp NaNoWriMo? Have you done it before? Comment below!!

20 comments:

  1. YAY. GOOD ON YOU FOR SIGNING UP!! *fist bumps* You're going to rock this. I know you will. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still such a noob, but I'm sure I'll figure it all out soon! ;)

      Delete
  2. I hope your new project, and Camp NaNo, goes really well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 it when you get a new story that seems too awesome to be true!! I'm hoping to do Camp Nano Wromo but I'm not for sure. I've signed up but just think April is going to be a pretty busy month!! I've never even gone over 10,000 words so this will be interesting... xD But happily I found a picture on pinterest that seemed like the perfect picture for the cover of a book. It was gorgeous and I even came up with a title but I'm like: Now I have to come up with my story and plot!! I'm so bad at this. I find a picture and think it looks like a story but I can't come up with some gripping plot. I got I'm waiting over here for inspiration... :{

    - Lilly Shyree (alillyingodsgarden.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! I can't stand it when that happens!! I hope you get some inspiration soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be my first year of camp and my word goal is going to be pretty low, because life is still busy in April. XD But we'll see how it goes! What are you doing for your cabin arrangement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time too! I'm so excited!! For my cabin arrangement I just put that I wanted to be placed with kids around my age. :D

      Delete
    2. Great! I'm sure you'll have a fun time!

      Delete
    3. I'm sure you'll have a fun time as well!!

      Delete
  6. Gray, how did you make the little feather that writes out your name?! I've never seen anything like it. It's really cool!!

    - Lilly Shyree (alillyingodsgarden.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I was playing around on my computer, trying to come up with a signature for this blog, when I figured out how to make a feather writing it!! I'm not very technology savvy, so usually I accidently do something that makes something really cool! I guess that was one of those times... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Nano goes well for you! =) This is SO exciting! What's your Camp Nano profile (so I can follow your progress)?

    Micaiah
    www.notebooksandnovels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My user name is just Gray Marie Cox, I'm not creative like some of the others!! :) I hope it goes well for you too! (You are doing it, right?)

      Delete
  9. Yay! Your book is AWESOME!!!! I can't wait 'til it comes out.... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's not going as smoothly as I want, but hopefully it will get better in time.

      Delete
    2. You should see MY drafts.... O_____O lol
      Yeah. It'll get better in time. (I am speaking to myself, too...)

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha!! I hope you're not the type to write out your first drafts. I have a friend that does that and it looks SO stressful! :)

      Delete

Hi, wonderful human bean.
I am so happy that you took time out of your day to share your thoughts with me! :)
But please,
• Be kind • Be respectful • No swearing •
I will do my best to reply!

People like these the most for some strange reason...