2017-07-10

Thank You!

   


      *Looks up and realizes that on the thirteenth of this month I will have been blogging for seven months* That's right, y'all! SEVEN WHOLE MONTHS!!! (Which, I think is pretty amazing…) Some of you have been with me since my first few posts, some of you stumbled upon me a bit more recently. But either way, we're here! Just five more months until it's been a year!!!

          Today I went alllllllllllll the way back to my very first post. And I cringed, and laughed at my awkward entrance. I will not link it here, it's far to awful, if you want to see it, you're going to have to go back, and then you can laugh at me. But to give y'all a clue on how cringe-worthy it is, I started the post with this: Hi. My name is Gray Marie Cox.

         *cringes* I know, I know. One can literally imagine me swaying on the balls of my feet, with my arms clasped uncomfortably in the front!

            Its been so much fun blogging. Way more fun than I ever expected. And I've come so far. I started out with only knowing three other bloggers, and look where I am now.. it's shocking to be perfectly honest. Why anyone would ever bother to read any of my ramblings is far beyond me, but there you are. Just… wow. Thank you!

            Amazingly, Writing is Life has been doing pretty well! I've gotten over 11,000 page views, it just takes my breath away even writing that fact.

           My biggest audience is the United States, then Australia (go figure! There are a lot of aussies on blogger!!! :P), then Canada, then the United Kingdom, and then South Africa.
Like, how?!?! I remember writing my first post and thinking only three of my friends in real life would ever read my blog! 


       Oh, and I also sort of started a movement?!?! The official Rebellious Writing website will be opening August 9th, so that's exciting! :D


        I suppose I should tell y'all what I've learned about blogging so far!

  • Be yourself. Blogging is a hobby that relies on how interesting you are, so letting your personality shine through is essential!

  • Be passionate. If you like something, there's a chance others like it too! So don't hesitate to let your passion take over your blog!!!

  • Be confidant. Remember that this is your blog, and you can do whatever you want on it! Don't let haters hold you down, there will always be hater, but there will also always be people who love you and your content.


         I don't really know what else to say… just, thank you! Thank you, for sticking around. Thanks for being a part of this blog, it means a lot to me.

        And if you're new here, I hope you stick around too!! We have fun here… sometimes! Other times we have discussions and friendly debates in the comment sections, and we also talk about everything under the moon here!

         Oooh, and also, if any of y'all have post requests, feel free to contact me using the contact form to the right of this blog >>>
        Or just leave a comment down below if you don't mind other peeps reading your suggestion!

        I'm so excited about what the future holds for this tiny corner of the internet, and I am glad y'all are here to experience it all with me!!!!!

45 comments:

  1. That is so awesome, Gray! Congratulations!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Gray! It's so neat to see you've accomplished so much in seven months! And yeah... first posts are pretty awkward. ^.^' At least yours is is recent memory (coming from someone who wrote their first post four and a half years ago).

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four and a half years?! That's awesome!! I can't even imagine being on here for that long.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, for and a half years. It goes by pretty quickly, honestly! Anyways, tag, you're it! I nominated you for the Character Karaoke Tag, which you can find here. I hope you have tons of fun with this, because music + talking about your WIP = AWESOME SAUCE.

      xoxo Abigail Lennah

      Delete
  3. wooot woot *throws confetti* That's super!! :D So cool to see how amazingly fast your blog has grown. Keep up the brilliant work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing, congrats! (I'm happy to say I'm probably some of the Aussie page stats haha!) I love your blog and can't wait to see how both it and you grow. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you Aussie! ;P
      Seriously, though, that means a lot to me. <3

      Delete
  5. Congrats!!! I'm so happy I found your blog, Gray. I now always look forward to when you post and I love having discussions with you. I'm so excited for the website. I can't wait to see it.

    My second biggest page view is Russia. I have more Russian contacts than President Trump. (I know, that was a terrible joke.)

    Anyway, I can't wait to see where God takes you and your blog. Keep up the awesome work! :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! The website is coming together nicely, I've had the pleasure of seeing it last week, and it's beautiful. It kind of has a coffee shop vibe, if you know what I mean! :)

      Delete
    2. Sounds awesome! I can't wait! :D
      <3

      iviewrites.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

    Go Rebellious Writing! I can't wait for that site to go up. I'll be ready, believe me :)

    Your blog is one of my favorites. Thanks for sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D

      I know, I'm so excited for Rebellious Writing, too!!!!

      Aw, thanks! Yours is one of my favorites too. :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! Seven months! I am so glad that you did decide to have a blog! I always love reading your posts! And, you really have power in your writing, you have started a movement which will soon be a blog too!

    Congrats, Gray!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I did, too! And awww, thank you, that's so sweet!! <3

      Delete
  8. Congrats Gray!!!!!! You did start an amazing movement and we are all so proud of you!

    -Lia
    catholicgirlstuff.blogspot.com
    lilahsmusicals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. *confetti explosions* YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! CONGRATZ!!! XD *hands you cake*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH! *accepts cake* XD

      Delete
    2. You're welcome!!! XD *steals a slice*

      Delete
  10. Congrats! I only just found your blog recently (like yesterday) but if you have only been blogging for 7 months and your blog is this popular that is kind of amazing keep it up!

    Nabila | Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank YOU for your posts and lovely chats. *hugs*
    Congrats on being on here 7 months!
    Sometime when I jin your blog community, I'd love to have you all check me out. I love chatting with you guys. :)
    Thanks for the posts, I love them, and I'm sure your first one wasn't that bad.
    have you heard the band Flyleaf. It's cool. I don't like all the songs, but i like the song called Cassie, by them. It's cool.
    God Bless!
    I loved your post before this as well. I hope you guys have had a great summer so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a blog soon! That would be awesome!!!

      I've heard a few of their songs, but not Cassie, I'll go check that out! :)

      Delete
    2. I hope I do as well! Thanks, gray. :)

      Cassie is such a good song. I love it. There's lots of debate about Cassie's story, but I looked her up (Cassie Bernall) and I think I know the truth.
      God Bless. <3

      Delete
  12. You're a wonderful blogger, and a funny one, and I've loved all the posts I've read by you!!! Keep up the awesomeness, Gray - I'll be sticking around Writing Is Life :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's so sweet!! I love your blog too!!! <3

      Delete
  13. Happy lucky seven months! On the fifteenth I'll have my sixty-second month anniversary, but I haven't built up the sort of community that you have here. Many of the blogs I followed in the beginning have either passed by the wayside, transcended to an author site, or are very infrequently used. It's been a ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing that you've been blogging for so long, congratulations! But that's also sad, several of my blogger friends and blogs I loved have stopped, too. And that's always sad. :/
      But still, congratulations! That's amazing.

      Delete
  14. WHERE ARE THE OTHER AUSSIES
    *stalks through various blogs*
    I only know... three? (well, "know")
    THEY CANNOT HIDE FOREVER xD
    Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't name any off the top of my head, but there are a few in Jane Maree's comment section, since she's Australian, she blogs at mistymaiden.blogspot.com if you don't know her.

      Delete
  15. Lovely blog!

    I followed your blog, and I would sincerely appreciate it if you checked out my book reviews blog at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ and possibly give it a follow as well! Excited to read more of your posts!

    - El

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And of course I'll follow your blog!

      Delete
  16. Congrats Gray! You are really a trail blazer! Your outspokenness is inspiring :) I am so happy for your comment one day that introduced us.
    <3 Here's to so many more wonderful, hilarious, snarkily honest posts and above all bunches of fun and great encounters! ;) Keep up the awesomeness peep.

    Anna - www.worldthroughherheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! I'm glad we met too!!

      Delete
  17. 7 months???? Ok I want all your secrets - I've been blogging three or four years and still my blog seems to be struggling to be known... ;0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't really have any secrets.. I just started seeing an increase of people after I started writing rants, apparently sarcastim is well liked! Lol.

      Delete
    2. haha - okay then... ;p That is interesting :)

      Delete
  18. Seven months! Congrats on the commitment. :) First posts can be so awkward. I think I introduced myself the same way you did. Is Gray Marie Cox a pen name? Either way, it's an absolutely lovely name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo!
      Gray Marie Cox is a pen name, I came up with it when I was twelve and I never bothered to change it!!!

      Delete

Hi, wonderful human bean.
I am so happy that you took time out of your day to share your thoughts with me! :)
But please,
• Be kind • Be respectful • No swearing •
I will do my best to reply!

Popular Posts