2017-07-09

The Summer Fun Tag

        





Yet another tag!

        Because I am so popular...obviously. *cheesy smile*

        This time I've been tagged by Kimberly at Peculiar on Purpose! (Don't y'all just love her blog name??? I do)! Go check her out, peeps. Her blog is a very inspiring Christian blog, so click that link! I'll wait here… :)

       This tag is brand new and was created by Mykaela (I love the way her name's spelled, so unique and pretty!) So go check her out too! I haven't looked around her blog that much yet, but I liked what I saw!!!

        Anyways, onto the tag!


1. What's a nickname only your family calls you?

      Well, my little sister (seven years old to be exact), sometimes calls me Gray-gray.
And my dad sometimes calls me… *coughs* let's just say dad nicknames are the absolute worst and move on!


2. What's a weird habit of yours?

      Cutting my nails to the numbs, to name one. I just really hate long nails, they always break or become uneven, so I cut them whenever they grow long or else I go crazy!

3. Do you have any strange phobias?

       I hate shadows in dark rooms. Just, no. Nope. Can't do it. Won't do it. That's why as soon as the lights are out in my bedroom my eyes are squeezed shut for sleep, and if I need to go to the bathroom in the night, I flick on my lamp with my eyes closed first, because I'd rather risk blinding myself than face shadows in the night.
       I have a good reason for this though.. it's quite a terrifying story and I might tell y'all one day, but let's keep this tag light-hearted.

4. What's a song you secretly love to blast and belt out when you're alone?

      Right now I currently have the song Evermore in my head, which is the worst song to have stuck in my head, because I always get so emotional singing it that I have tears rolling down my cheeks.
      I also have Sign of  the Time by Harry Styles stuck in my head, and although I never was a One Direction fangirl, I must admit, Harry has a beautiful voice and that song is lovely.



There! Now they can be stuck in your head too!!! Mwhahahahaaha!!!!

5. What's one of your biggest pet peeves?

     I have to choose only one?!?!?! HOW??!?!!?!
I have sooooo many, I could do a whole rant/post about all of my pet peeves.
      Probably, Comic Sans Ugh! *shudders in disgust*

6. What's one of your nervous habits?

      Closing one eye, so it looks like I'm winking. Also chewing the inside of my cheek. And humming.


7. What's a YouTuber that always makes you laugh?

      Blimey Cow. All day. Everyday. #homeschooler



8. What was your first stuffed animal, and what was its name?

      I think my first stuffed animal was a dog dressed up as a baseball player with a hat and a baseball bat, I can't remember it's name.


9. What's a drink you always order at Starbucks?

      I don't have that much money to burn on coffee, sadly. I usually only go to Starbucks or Sweet Eugenie’s (another coffee shop similar to Starbucks), with my friend, Avery, because we never get to see each other really. I usually order a chocolate mocha or a peppermint latte. But as I said, that happens like twice a year.

10. Do you have any weird body skills?

      Due to past crossed eyes and three eye surgeries, I can focus one of my eyes on something straight ahead and then look with my other eye to the side. But I try not to do that often, because it hurts my head.

11. What's your favorite comfort food?

    Chocolate ice cream. Or chocolate anything really!

12. What is a phrase or exclamation you always say?

      I say “sheesh” a lot. I also sarcastically say “I love you” to my friends a lot.


13. What did you use to wear that you would never wear now?

       I use to causally wear skirts and dresses outside of church and parties, but I have guy friends now, and I can almost promise all of you skirt and dress wearers that you're probably more modest to guys in a pair of shorts or jeans.
      I stopped wearing skirts and dresses all the time when this guy that went to Awanas with me when I was around twelve or eleven, duct taped a small pocket mirror to his shoe in an attempt to see up girl's skirts, luckily, a group of boys took the mirror from him and threw it in the trash.
       Also shorts are way more comfy in my mind!


14. What did you want to be when you were younger?

      Prepare for a long list! *takes a breath* doctor, lawyer, artist, veterinary, teacher, scientist, famous singer, astronaut, fireman, police officer, ballerina, entomologist, dendrologist/arborist, DJ, actress, dragon, wife, homeschooling mom, author, screenwriter, and an architect like my dad! *sighs* Whew! So far I've accomplished one of them, I am an author! Now I only have twenty one more careers to go! Jk. jk. Although I still hope to be a wife and a mother and to homeschool my kids one day.

15. How tall are you?

      Five feet exactly. Yes, I know, I'm short.
One time a little kid asked me why I was so small and I just said, “because God needed someone to make the short guys feel tall!”
You call this short, I call this fun size!!!

16. What are five ways to win your heart/become a great friend?

      Ummm, I don't really have five things that I can list like that, just love me for me and don't abandon me when times get tough and I'll do the same. You don't have to understand me, just love me.

      Wow. That got emotional fast!
I guess, if you want to be my friend be real.
      I'm so use to fake people, so genuine people always stick out. Most of my closest friends are broken misfits for a reason, they're all sincere and I can be myself around them.


Oh, dear. I fear this post that was suppose to be light and happy has gotten a bit deep! Oh, well!!! :/

            Now, for the tagging!!!

             I tag:
                         Jem Jones

                         Faith

                          Lila

                          Rachel


               And of course anyone else who wants to do this. Have fun!!!
                     

             Happy Writing,     


P.S.

Remember in my last post when I said how it was pouring and we wouldn't have fireworks that night? Well, God laughed!

Literally a collage I threw together with pictures I took from the fourth!!!!

Also, I got to hang out with two of my friends!

right to left: Emory, Skyler, and me.

Yeah, I know the picture is poor quality, but it was pitch black out there, so we had to huddle underneath a light on the side of this building, and the lighting was all gross and yellow so I changed it to black and white because it made it a little bit better!!!!



28 comments:

  1. Yessss Evermore and Sign of the Times are so good! I adore both for different reasons. XD Awesome post; I love getting to know more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I know, right?!? Those songs are the best! XD

      Delete
  2. That guy with the mirror deserved a great big slap! I wear skirts all the time, the way I combat that is to wear either tights or shorts underneath the skirt and wear longer skirts.

    Great tag!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 98% of the time, I wear jean shorts. Its Texas and the heat is only getting worse. The other 2% is workout clothes and yoga pants. I know yoga pants aren't considered the most modest, but I don't wear ones with slits all the way up the thigh. Plus they are comfy.

    I want to be a dragon! Except I'm a dragon rider, so it would never work. ;)

    This was fun to read. I always love to read tags.
    God bless you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to have a pair of yoga pants, but I lost them somehow and never bothered to buy another pair...but they were nice and I liked wearing them around the house and to the gym.

      Same here, but I'm not a dragon rider, so I'm jealous!!! XD

      Delete
    2. To become a dragon rider, you just have to earn their trust. You stick out your hand and see if they put their nose to it. :p

      I'm currently wearing yoga pants now. I just finished working out about thirty minutes ago and I think we might go for a walk, but I'm not completely sure.

      Other than that, jean shorts are awesome. And comfy in my opinion. I'm glad you had a fun Forth. We ended up finding a stray dog who was probably dumped in our neighborhood. I'll be doing a post on that eventually so you'll see the full story.

      No dragon with cookies?! What happened, lol? :)

      Delete
    3. Ooh, thanks for the tip! :D

      As I said concerning the dragon picture in my post concerning it, I am very indecisive!!! And I went on a vacation this week, and my dad and I found the old abandon caboose that my great grandfather use to drive back in the day, and I asked my dad to take a picture of me swinging off of it, so that's what my current picture is because I like it. You can't really tell what it is, unless you click on my name and go to my blogger profile, but I still think it's pretty! :P

      Delete
    4. I think that's awesome. I was just teasing. I was thinking of changing my picture, but I don't know what to change it to yet. I'm going to be doing a rustic theme with my blog since I love all things southern and Texas. I just got to get somethings straight on my blog.

      Ooh, I think I might change it to bluebonnets. :)

      Delete
    5. Bluebonnets will be pretty!

      Delete
    6. I think I might do that. I love bluebonnets and Indian paintbrushes. Those are my favorite. I mean, my picture now is pretty rustic, but I want something a little different.

      I got a closer look of your picture. Its very nice. I think its cool your great grandpa used to drive a caboose. It adds sentimental value to the picture. :)

      Delete
    7. Nope, just kidding about my profile pic. I decided to go with something else, lol. I changed it to bluebonnets, then remembered I could make one on Canva and did that. (I'm starting to feel indecisive, too, lol. :) )

      Delete
    8. Lol, I still like your new picture, though! :)

      Delete
    9. Thank you! I really like it, too. I made it with Canva. Still trying to get used to Canva, though. I've made a book cover on there, but I don't know if I'll use it.
      :)

      Delete
  4. I love how you said one of the things you want to be when you grow up is a dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES CHOCOLATE IS PRETTY MUCH THE BEST THING EVER. I'm especially partial to chocolate lava cake XD

    Haha, I also wanted to be an artist when I was a kid! But an actual examination of my artistic skills put that dream to rest very quickly XD I've also wanted to be a volcanologist, biochemical geneticist, and author!

    HIGH FIVE FOR SHORT PEOPLE. I'm also five feet. Clothes I bought in sixth grade still fit me, though I don't wear them anymore XD

    Ahh, those fireworks look so great!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, RIGHT?!?! And YESSS! Those cakes are the best!!! XD

      Those are all fun professions! :)

      Yes! Short people rule!!!

      Delete
  6. Aw yay! You did the tag! I love your answers SO much, and agree with most of them!!

    I laughed out loud when I got to the list of things you wanted to be when you grew up... taking career advice from Barbie, or something?? ;)

    I will always love you for you. And I'm here for you if you ever need me!! <3

    Kimberly // peculiaronpurpose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I actually wasn't aloud to play with Barbie when I was a kid.. but my sisters are now! I don't know where half of those ideas came from!!!

      Thank you! <3

      Delete
  7. This was great! Thanks for tagging me - you're the first person ever to do that *hugs* I can't wait to answer those questions myself!
    SPOILER ALERT: I have the exact same answer for number 7 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! *hugs back* I can't wait to read them!

      Ooh, Blimey Cow is the best! XD

      Delete
  8. Your answer to thirteen is really interesting to me. For me, I think the respectability of appropriate-length skirts and dresses actually helps draw my eyes to a lady's face and the garments themselves. But there are of course problems associated with having garments open at the hem. Loose pants or near-the-knee shorts might be the best after all, though I don't think that skirts/dresses are bad at all, when careful. I'm sorry to hear about your Peeping Tom experience. Hopefully the offender had a change of heart through it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think skirts or dresses are bad either, I just prefer not to wear them. :)

      Eh, it's okay. At least it was eye-opening in some ways.
      I hope he had a change of heart later, too.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for tagging me! I enjoyed learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just listened to Sign of the Times. IT'S SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another tag - thanks, Gray! (I'm going to have to catch up on tags sometime, haha ;)

    I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT #5. I'd never even thought about it before, but Comic Sans is an ABOMINATION [to anything you want taken seriously]. And please, anyone self-publishing, DO NOT use Comic Sans. (I'd like to think no one would... but sometimes people stoop to lows we'd never imagine.) xD
    Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete

Hi, wonderful human bean.
I am so happy that you took time out of your day to share your thoughts with me! :)
But please,
• Be kind • Be respectful • No swearing •
I will do my best to reply!

Popular Posts