2017-02-13

Get Published!!!




   It's perfect, you whisper to yourself as you finally finish editing your book for the one thousandth time. Slowly, savoring the moment you click save, staring at the first page of your master piece. Then, a wave of sadness hits you, too bad only family and friends will ever read your work of art. You're only a teen, no publisher will accept you, you won't be published for a longggggg time. Teens can't get their works out there…or can they???

     Hey, guys! It's Gray Marie, and today I have decided to tell you about how to publish your book!!! I will be telling my experience with lulu.com, so here we go!!
I never thought it was possible for me, at age thirteen to get my book on paperback, I had given up all hope of ever holding one of my darlings in binding. I had self-published Enemy of the Dawn, but that was on Amazon as an e-book. I wanted a real book, with paper, binding, and ink. I was beginning to think my dream would never come true, when my mom heard about lulu.com. To make a long story short, we checked it out, and my hope for a paperback was re-kindled. Now, I am fourteen and my novella, Forest Zooks, sits on my bookshelf and it is also for sell on paperback and e-book on Amazon and Lulu (hint, hint). My dream came true.
Lulu.com is an awesome publishing website, they are devoted to helping indie authors self publish and market their books, and the best part is...it's free! Lulu has a video tutorial in order to explain to you how the system works, here's the link if you're interested in checking it out: lulu.com. I hope this works for you, in my opinion, it's newer and more professional than CreateSpace.
    Happy writing and self-publishing,
    

6 comments:

  1. This is great to know. I was originally going to publish through CreateSpace but I think I might do lulu instead. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope it goes well for you. It was a bit confusing for me, but that was my first time and I'm hoping that I will be more lulu savvy in the future. All in all though, I'm glad I did it through lulu. :)

      Delete
  2. WOW!! That is great advise! Thanks Gray!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have considered self publishing my book, I found out that amazon Kindle direct publishing will now publish paperback books as well. I'm working on a story right now called Noble Rakki and The Fate Of Del Quinn (is that not a great name?) and i may use KDP, I've also considered Lulu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used KDP for Enemy of the Dawn, but I was unaware of the paperback version. I honestly think that Amazon is way easier so you might want to try that for your first, but if you want a more professional program that gives you a bit more publicity, I would go with lulu.

      Delete

Hi, wonderful human bean.
I am so happy that you took time out of your day to share your thoughts with me! :)
But please,
• Be kind • Be respectful • No swearing •
I will do my best to reply!

People like these the most for some strange reason...