2017-02-28

Why Do I Write?

    Why do I write? Really, why? Why do I sit in front of my laptop everyday staring at a blank page, waiting for those words to come. Why do I grasp a pen and force myself to scrawl words on a piece of paper? Is it because I love it? Is it because I need it? Or am I just a slave to my own imagination ? Is everything just a delusion?


     I write because I need writing. Because when I write I feel at peace. I write because when I look back at my writing I see fragments of me, and I learn more about who I am, and who I'm suppose to become.



     In my head there are the voices of my characters and future characters screaming, “Write! Write! WRITE!!!” How am I suppose to ignore them? I can't. And I don't want to.


     Writing is magic. Three words, simple as that. Writing is life. It is a release, it is art. It is how I connect and communicate. My words are merely truths caged in a fantasy-a dream at most.



     I write because I love telling stories. Because I love watching the faces of my readers light up and darken. I write because I want people to think and to feel. I write because I want to make something good, something with light. I write because I want to send chills down spines, to make hairs on necks rise. I write because I want to make people laugh, cry, shiver, and shake.



     So why do I write? I write for the love of it.

17 comments:

  1. You all ways right amazing posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3
      And don't worry about typos, this is a judgment free zone!!!

      Delete
  2. I <3 this!! This reminds me why I LOVE to write!! Beautiful images in the post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm no photographer, but with just a little bit of Photoshop and editing, these photos look almost professional if I do say so myself!!!

      Delete
    2. Did you take all of them?? They DO look professional!!

      Delete
    3. Except for the last one (which a friend took), yes. And thanks!

      Delete
    4. They look awesome!! Very creative too. You are quite the photographer. ;)

      Delete
    5. Hmm. I wish, lol! But thanks! I try!!!

      Delete
  3. Ah! So true! You just described me very well. :) I LOVE TO WRITE! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing is awesome! I'm so glad you enjoyed this post! I was afraid that no one would enjoy or even get my ramblings!!!

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure that any writer would love this and totally understand! :)

      Delete
    3. Yay!!! I'm glad I'm not alone on that!

      Delete
  4. Amen! Words are so powerful, and to think that we can string them together and create new thoughts in other people's minds is incredible..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! That is one of the most beautiful things about writing!! :D

      Delete
  5. Oh my word this is so me!! I can totally relate to this and I absolutely loved this post :) And I agree - how on earth can you ignore the characters that talk in your head and touch your heart?! It would just be cruel to ignore them ;)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! It would be horrible to ignore them!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, wonderful human bean.
I am so happy that you took time out of your day to share your thoughts with me! :)
But please,
• Be kind • Be respectful • No swearing •
I will do my best to reply!

People like these the most for some strange reason...