2017-02-22

Writing Tag and/or Challenge



    First of all, thank you, Lilly! This was fun!
Hello, all! I recently got tagged by Lilly in a sort of writer's tag, so here goes nothing!

-The Rules-

1. Copy these rules onto your post
2. Thank the person who tagged you
3. Tag at least a couple other bloggers
4. Have fun and be honest and answer all the questions.

Ok, here it goes!

1. What is your recent writing about? Ooh, that's a hard one for me, you see, I haven't been writing much of anything lately, I have written a couple of stories but I hate them, so.. I'm just going to say the last thing I really really worked on, which was my novella, Forest Zooks.

2. What is your favorite part in the story? Easy! When Kimberly first meets Frump, I used an undertone of a true story from when I was nine for that scene, so I find it hilarious.

3. Include a clip of your writing. Hmmm...which scene to choose, which scene to choose… *pauses, going over all of my book in my head* Ok, here:

   “How big is this forest?”
    Her dad looked surprised, “You mean the Zook Forest?”
   “Yeah, I guess.”
   Her dad stared at the forest, a look of pure adoration on his face, “It surrounds the whole town,”
   Kimberly's throat tightened.
   Her dad chuckled, shaking his head, “When I was your age all my friends and I thought it was haunted, and we would dare each other to go as near to it as we could without our courage giving out.” Kimberly's dad laughed even harder. “We were so dumb.”
   “Seems perfectly haunted to me,” muttered Kimberly.
   “Don't be silly, Kim,” scolded her mom, taking the key from Mr. Wallace, marching up to the blue door of the house, and unlocking it, “That forest is about as haunted as this house.”
    Kimberly peered into the gloomy dusty house. She could see a staircase and an empty fireplace from where she stood.
   “The house probably is haunted,” she growled, her anger towards her parents returning.

4. (I added this myself), Who is your favorite character? Hard one, I love Kimberly, don't get me wrong, but Frump was SUPER fun to write, so probably him.


So that was it! For this tag, I tag:

Ok, so I expect y'all to go over to their pages and beg them to do this!


14 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for continuing the tag, Gray!! That's awesome. Love the little clip of your book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lilly! This was a lot of fun. I think the hardest part was deciding which clip to use!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love that clip of writing! Great post!

    Micaiah
    notebooksandnovels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!! XD

      Delete
  3. I really want to read Forest Zooks! I love the clip form it (I use way to many exclamation points)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, it's actually available for checkout at the Library now! And there is NO such thing as too many exclamation points!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun clip from your book!
    Also, I see you tagged Jane from Maiden of the Misty Mountains. Good choice! She's a fun blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a fun blogger, I hope she'll do it!

      Delete
  6. FOREST ZOOKS IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is me doing a happy dance!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, thanks! *blushing* I love your book, too!!

      Delete
  7. I love that you've created a space to inspire fellow teenage bloggers/writers. You mentioned a lovely phrase in your header, 'crafters of your own life'. I really love that!

    I hope you go on to inspire many more people.

    Best of luck
    Steph

    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure I commented on this...I'm sure. But it doesn't seem to exist.
    So anyway thank you! I'm hoping to do this on Monday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I'm sorry if you did comment and it messed up somehow!! :(
      But on a brighter note; yay!! I shall look forward to that!!

      Delete

Hi, wonderful human bean.
I am so happy that you took time out of your day to share your thoughts with me! :)
But please,
• Be kind • Be respectful • No swearing •
I will do my best to reply!

People like these the most for some strange reason...