2017-03-11

My Spring Writing Goals


   
     Ok, so first off, who's excited for spring break? I know I am!!! I still have math, but I'm doing pre-algebra, so pretty easy. No school besides math for a whole week sounds like heaven right now!
    My family isn't doing anything really special this spring break. But I do have a few plans, since I volunteer at a library and am a member of the Anything Novel Society, I will go to the library twice this week (every book nerd’s dream). And on Saturday I will be going on a small plane for like, thirty minutes I think… That's always a lot of fun. Yep, that's all I have so far! I'm hoping to catch up with some of my good friends who I don't get to see that much this week as well, but knowing life and my siblings (who have tons of little friends), we probably won't have time for that...
I'm probably just going to laze about.




      Writing plans/goals for this week:

        1. Start a novel. I haven't really written, written anything since December. I need to start  something because I'm getting restless.

       2. Work on fixing a failed book. This is plan B. if I can't find any inspiration for a new book. Although most of my failed manuscripts failed for a reason!

      3. Write at least a short story. This is plan C. If I can't write something new and my old works stink to high heaven, I might as well write something even if it's only two thousand words!!


    There it is! My goals!! I hope I succeed in the first!!! I honestly have no idea what to write… :(
It's an awful feeling of emptiness, but it will pass, it always does.
      What are your spring plans? Do you have any writing goals? Comment below!! And have a great spring break, be sure to sleep in as late as possible this whole week!




11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice spring break!! I <3 the Alice in Wonderland moving picture! I'm hoping this spring break I can finish up the editing on Kindred Spirits besides me still having to do some school.

    The funny thing is...today my family was going to have a family over for lunch. We cleaned the house till it was spotless and cooked a feast. But my mom suddenly realized after all the food was set out that they are actually supposed to come next week for lunch. :{ But happily we were able to call up some friends to eat with us last minute!! So for the most part today was a fun and adventurous day! ;)

    - Lilly Shyree (alillyingodsgarden.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! The whole "wait, they're not coming today" has happened to us too!
      Good luck on editing! That can be extremely harsh. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you will be having a fun week! Being homeschooled, I took my spring break last week and went to the snow. It was relaxing despite having (ironically enough) math. Algebra 2! ;) Have a fun break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you had fun in the snow! I live in Texas, so sometimes it's hard to remember snow... ;P
      Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Haha doesn't snow very often in Texas, does is? :)

      Delete
    3. I can't even remember the last time I saw real snow! When it "snows" here, its more like sludge!! :P

      Delete
  3. these are some great goals!! and yaasss - you totally must write a novel XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I really do want to write a novel, I've written two novellas and I wish they were novels sometimes, but I think I made the right decision on not stretching the stories!
      I actually started a draft, and I'm on chapter two! If this goes well and doesn't blow over like some of my old ideas have I might do a post on it sometime!!!

      Delete
  4. Hope you get some inspiration soon!!

    I'm going to be doing Camp NaNoWriMo in April (which you should totally check out also *nods*) and I'll be writing the 3rd book in my trilogy and I'm super hyped about it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! A friend was telling me about Camp NanoWriMo this Friday, I've been considering it! Do you have your books published? If so I'd like to read them. Your stories are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeep, that question really excites me actually. I'm not published currently, but I'm moving toward that hopefully by the end of this year I will be able to look into getting a contract. *flails*
      But it honestly is so encouraging to know that. <3

      Delete

Hi, wonderful human bean.
I am so happy that you took time out of your day to share your thoughts with me! :)
But please,
• Be kind • Be respectful • No swearing •
I will do my best to reply!

People like these the most for some strange reason...