6/28/17

The Voices of YA Tag


      Guess what, guys! I'm NOT dead!!!! *cheers*

       Seriously, though. I know it hasn't been long, but it feels long, or maybe this week just feels long to me. So much is going on this week, my days basically are going in the same order though, so I've established a routine, BUT tomorrow is my last Writing is Life creative writing workshop class (I plan on doing a whole post about that soon), and that is going to mess me all up. *dies* I'm so tired y'all, I'm having a lot of fun, but it's exhausting. 

       Anyways, I've been tagged once again! This time by the lovely Jane Maree, (check her out, she's awesome, and her stories are HILARIOUS).

        Okay, so here we go!


     1. What draws you to YA?

         Honestly, I like writing juvenile better than YA, but that's just because I can be silly without worrying about some snobby teen calling my books stupid, but I do love YA, too. But as for reading I like YA better, probably because of  the fact that I'm a teen so it's easier to relate to teenage characters. Also YA usually has pretty good plots, and there's not many juvenile books with complex plots out there (but I'll write some one of these days).


    2. Describe your writing process. Do you like outlines and structure, or seeing where the story takes you?

       I don't plan, I don't outline, I usually don't even think. How I usually write is that a few random words or sometimes a sentence pops into my head, I put my fingers on my keyboard, and I turn those words into a story. For Enemy of the Dawn it was the sentence: "Prince running in forest" that started it along with the name "Eadric" that popped into my head as I was trying to do my science homework. And for Forest Zooks it was the sentence: "Something was off about that forest."


      3. How long have you been writing? Where are you in your journey?

       Since I learned how, but it was only when I was eleven that I realized I wanted to be a writer.

       And where am I on my journey?

       Not even halfway, to be honest. But I think I'm on the right path...hopefully.


       4. What do you need to write?

         Time
         Inspiration
         Motivation
         And coffee (well, not always when I'm writing, but it's nice).


        5. If you could offer one piece of advice to another writer, (OTHER THAN "don't give up"), what would it be?

          Don't give up. Jk.jk! Here's what I'd tell anyone if they asked me;
          Read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read. oh, and, of course, write. If you don't read your writing is suffering. Reading is food for your brain and muse. I did a whole post on why you need to read in order to write better, you can read it HERE.


        6. What book still has you reeling from its plot twist?

            I've read a lot of books, so I'm pretty good at spying plot twists chapters away. But one of the books that surprised me most was The Warden and the Wolf King, the last book in the WingFeather saga. I never saw that coming... Like, WHOA.


       7.What books are you most anticipating for this year?

          Now that the last WingFeather Saga is here (I waited four years for that), I am currently not waiting for any book.


       8. In your opinion, which YA book/series has the most unique premise?
 

       The Attack of the Killer Pizza. I can't remember who wrote it, I just picked it off the shelf because of the interesting title... it was about a group of teenagers who worked in a pizza shop and hunted monsters...yeah...not much to say about that.
        Oh, and the book How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend.
        I wouldn't recommend it, because it was very lewd. But the plot was the dumbest and most pointless thing ever and certainly unique!


        9. What is your all-time favorite quote from YA?

              WHATTTTTTTTTT?!?! HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO ANSWER THAT?!?!?! Probably this though;
       "It's not natural for women to fight."
        She rolled her eyes, "It's not natural for someone to be as stupid as he is tall, yet here you stand." -Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
     ....That was one of the most savage comebacks ever!

 
        10. What book do you most hope will have a movie adaptation? 

         Either the WingFeather Saga or Warrior of the Son, probably both. But the WingFeather Saga is becoming a cartoon adaption soon! *Squeals* It isn't as awesome as a movie, but it will do until then...



           And now for tagging! I never know who to tag... ugh. And I always feel bad when I realize I should've tagged someone but I forgot...double ugh. SO I'm just going to tag three people and then if you want to do it and you weren't tagged you can still go right ahead and do it, you can even say that Gray tagged you! Because I did, *reaches out and tags you* there.

I tag:




Have fun, y'all!

P.S.

My next post is going to be about the objectification in YA, do y'all have any questions, comments, or points you'd like me to address in that?


Happy Writing,




 

15 comments:

  1. Yeet you did it. Thank you! I loved reading all your answers!

    I HAD NO IDEA THE WINGFEATHER SAGA WAS BEING MADE INTO A CARTOON. *flails* I must find out more about this. *dashes to google*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS! I was so excited when I heard about it from a friend and then I got his book of short stories and in the back in his bio it said he plans to unleash a cartoon out to the world!!!!

      Delete
  2. I think that some series can grow into having complex plots if there's a transformation with the earlier books as middle grade and the ending books more YA, but it is really hard to find a solo book with a complex plot in middle grade... And YESSSSS reading books is SO important to help writing grow. xD

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. Harry Potter started out in middle grade, but it ended up in YA, which does make sense.

      Delete
  3. YESSSS I love that quote from Six of Crows! It's such an amazing comeback. XD Great post; I enjoyed reading your answers! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote from Six of Crows!!
    Great answer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw man, I was going to tag you in this because Catherine (Farm Lassie) tagged me. Time to search for another person. XD
    I liked reading your answers, though. Here's a question you probably can't answer about the objectification. (You mean women, right?)
    Why are feminists fighting for no objectification, then reading this garbage?

    Great post, Gray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, that actually happened to me too, because I was going to tag you, but then I saw that Catherine already did! XD
      And for objectification, I mean both.
      I have my thoughts about that, I might touch on them during my post if I can. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. LOL, great minds think alike. ;)

      Delete
    3. Ivie - I don't want to get into an argument, so I'm hoping to keep this as mature and understanding as possible, but most feminists are actually fighting against objectification and slut-shaming in fiction. There are whole movements about it on twitter and instagram :) No feminist agrees that objectification is ok - that's where most of the movement of sexual liberation comes in.
      Although I would be interested - do you mean males objectifying the female body, or females being sexually liberated? Because they are very different things!
      Again I don't want to start an argument and hopefully we can both mutually understand each other's perspective. :)

      Delete
    4. I know this was directed at Ivie, but since this is my blog, I am stepping in.

      I have seen those campaigns, and I always cringe because instead of empowering women y'all sometimes tend to do the opposite and make us out to be fragile little pansies that everyone has to be so careful around so we don't get offended.

      I do agree with you that most of the feminists don't think that's okay, and I would call myself a feminist, because I'm totally for that, but I don't agree with how y'all go about that. Including scrolling through comments on blogs looking for arguments and hiding under an anonymous name.

      Also, I've decided that my post is going to be aimed towards most women about objectifying men. Since I haven't really seen anything or anyone speaking up for white cis men, especially feminists. I believe in equality, men should get just as much respect as women, and lately women have been trying to upstage them, and that's not okay.

      I do understand your perspective, somewhat, but I don't understand why you speak up the way you do. Do stick around and read my next post on that, I plan on posting it sometime today.

      Delete
  6. Hi Gray!

    Oh no! I tagged you again before I read this post!! Oh well. :) I hope you don't mind, and of course, there isn't any obligation for you to do the tag--but here it is anyway, just in case you want it! http://theblogofiorlh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's okay! Thanks!!! I probably will do it sometime. :)

      Delete

Hi, wonderful human bean.
I am so happy that you took time out of your day to share your thoughts with me! :)
But please,
• Be kind • Be respectful • No swearing •
I will do my best to reply!

What's Hot This Month: